My parents and my sister

My parents and my sister are still living in good, old Penang. They came for a visit. After starting my degree at University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, i have not really stayed in Penang.
There were always reasons to be somewhere else; M.Sc at UM, work in Subang Jaya, Ph.D in Japan, lecturing in Kuala Terengganu and now KL. I find it harder to find opportunities to go back to Penang although Penang is always on my mind.
Probably by now, i have spent more time outside Penang than in Penang. Lost touch with Penang Hokkien also :P
You can take a Penangite out of Penang but you cannot take Penang out of a Penangite :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet doughnuts

Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Malaya